Start changing lives
This course will teach you what it means to be a coach and how you can be one.
You’ll learn how to work with children, the principles of skill development and skill acquisition. We also cover how to work with and adjust for different physical and developmental stages of children.
After learning about esports and the history of esports we’ll dive into esports specific coaching and how to structure esports training as well as cover the trainig mandates for different age brackets.
Welcome to the Esports Coaching Academy
About Your Instructor
Outline and Objectives
The History of Esports
Commonalities with traditional sports
The unique aspects of esports
Categories of Esports games
Putting all together
6-10 Year Olds
11-13 Year Olds
14-16 Year Olds
Wrapping Things Up
- The history of esports and how it has evolved over time
- What the different types of esports games are
- The commonalities and differences between traditional sport and esports
- The importance of esports training for the future of the esports industry
- The purpose of esports training
- How you should approach esports training for different age groups
- How you should engage parents through your esports program
- The physical attributes that matter for esports and why
- The importance of educated and motivated coaches
- Manage an esports course for any game according to ECA best practices!
- Set up your esports practice curriculum using the core building blocks of an esports practice
- Engage effectively with your students on esports, gaming and the role of physical fitness and mental toughness on performance
- Educate students on where esports have come from and what the future might look like
- Develop your esports program and set your future vision with support from the ECA staff
- Motivate and engage students to approach games and esports in a healthier, more goal-oriented way
- Engage parents to participate in their children's esports journey facilitating a healthy relationship to video games within the household